This program provides the administrative skills for ethical, effective leadership and management roles in the public service.
Students who complete the certificate will be well positioned to begin or advance a public service career, with many expecting to pursue management careers in state and local governments.
This certificate can be completed in Jefferson City, and it can also be completed online.
- PUB_AF 8520: Human Resource Management and Development in the Public and Nonprofit Sector
- *PUB_AF 8510: Public Budgeting and Taxation
- Choose one of the following:
- PUB_AF 8530: Strategic Management of Public Service Organizations: People, Information, and Money
- PUB_AF 8540: Local Government Management
- **The student will select an additional elective course (from the Truman School or another MU graduate unit) in consultation with the certificate coordinator.
*Students enrolled in the School of Law may substitute LAW 5727: Tax Exempt Organizations for Pub_Af 8510: Public Budgeting and Taxation.
**Students enrolled in the School of Law may use LAW 5450: Conflict and Conflict Management as the additional elective course.