The PhD requires 72 credit hours of graduate course work.
Students entering the program with a bachelor’s degree must complete some foundations coursework.
Students entering the program with a related master’s degree may move directly into the doctoral core coursework.
Up to 30 credit hours from a master’s degree may be applied to the required credit hours.
Doctoral core (four courses, 12 credit hours)
- PUB_AF 9150: Governance and Public Affairs
- PUB_AF 9160: Organization Studies in Public Affairs
- PUB_AF 9170: Policy Theory
- PUB_AF 9183: Public Affairs Research and Professional Development Seminar
Methods (four courses, 12 credit hours)
- PUB_AF 9180: Advanced Research Methods for Public Affairs I
- PUB_AF 9181: Advanced Research Methods for Public Affairs II
- Students may complete either two additional methods courses or one additional methods course and one additional specialization course.
Specialization (15 credit hours)
Dissertation (33 credit hours)