Scholarships & Fellowships
There are separate application processes for the following awards:
- Governor Mel Carnahan Graduate Fellowship for Public Service
- This fellowship is not available for the 2018/2019 academic year. In lieu of this fellowship, the Truman School is offering a $500 cash award. (See below).
- Governor Mel Carnahan $500 Scholarship for 2018/2019 Academic Year
- Students can be nominated or nominate themselves. Nominations are due by April 30, 2018.
- Capital Fellowship Program
- For mid-career state employees with at least 3-5 years of progressively responsible work experience admitted to the MPA mid-career option.
- Covers in-state tuition for the 11 required MPA courses.
- Application Form (PDF)
- Must include a letter from the agency or department endorsing the application.
- Does not cover tuition for online courses, and students enrolled in the MPA mid-career online option are not eligible to receive the fellowship.
To apply for Graduate Research Assistantship funding, on-campus MPA applicants should submit the scholarship application form when applying to the Truman School.