Scholarships & Fellowships
There are separate application processes for the following awards:
- Governor Mel Carnahan Graduate Fellowship for Public Service
- Provides a fellowship to an on campus MPA student with a demonstrated commitment and contribution to public service.
- Students can be nominated or nominate themselves.
- Capital Fellowship Program
- For mid-career state employees with at least 3-5 years of progressively responsible work experience admitted to the MPA mid-career option.
- Covers in-state tuition for the 11 required MPA courses.
- Application Form (PDF)
- Must include a letter from the agency or department endorsing the application.
- Does not cover tuition for online courses, and students enrolled in the MPA mid-career online option are not eligible to receive the fellowship.
To apply for Graduate Research Assistantship funding, on-campus MPA applicants should submit the scholarship application form when applying to the Truman School. The deadline is Feb. 15.