Scholarships & Fellowships
For MPA:on-campus students. There are separate application processes for the following awards:
- Governor Mel Carnahan Graduate Fellowship for Public Service
- Provides a fellowship to a current MPA student with a demonstrated commitment and contribution to public service.
- Students can be nominated or nominate themselves.
- Capital Fellowship Program
- For mid-career state employees with at least 3-5 years of progressively responsible work experience admitted to the MPA mid-career option.
- Covers in-state tuition for the 11 required MPA courses.
- Application Form (PDF)
- Must include a letter from the agency or department endorsing the application.
- Does not cover tuition for online courses, and students enrolled in the MPA mid-career online option are not eligible to receive the fellowship.
To qualify for the following awards, incoming on-campus MPA students should submit the scholarship application form when applying to the Truman School. The deadline is Jan. 15.
- Chester A. Baker Memorial Endowment Fund
- For female students who exhibit financial need.
- Robert D. Banning Scholarship in Public Affairs
- For students who exhibit financial need.
- Dr. Stanley Botner Memorial Scholarship
- For MPA student fellowships and assistantships.
- Capital City Alumni Scholarship
- For MPA students employed by Missouri State Government.
- Martin L. Faust Graduate Fellowship in Public Administration
- Provides a tuition waiver to graduate students at the Harry S Truman School of Public Affairs.
- Henry Hatch Green Scholarship in Administration
- For students who intend to study public administration and who exhibit academic excellence, citizenship and leadership.
- Dr. Charles E. Menifield Fellowship in Public Administration
- For African-American students who exhibit financial need.
- Rich Noll Memorial Scholarship
- For second-year MPA students who have completed an internship in local government or demonstrated a commitment to a career in local government.