Doctoral Travel Awards
The Truman School of Public Affairs offers current doctoral students making adequate academic progress travel funding of up to $750 per year.
These funds assist doctoral students to present at national conferences, engage in international travel or participate in workshops to advance their professional development and presence in professional environments.
Funds are available at any time during the academic year, but cannot exceed $750.
Previous students have used these funds to offset costs for conferences and other professional development activities, including:
- Association for Public Policy Analysis and Management (APPAM)
- Association for Budgeting and Financial Management (ABFM)
- Midwest Political Science Association (MPSA)
- Cambio de Colores (Change of Colors)
- Attending the European Policies and Institutions winter study abroad course in Brussels, Belgium
How to Apply
Prior to Travel
- Fill out the travel funding request form (PDF) including information on the dates, destination and purpose of your travel.
- Get the form approved and signed by your adviser and the PhD coordinator.
- Submit the form to the Fiscal Office in 105 Middlebush Hall (Dawn Davis, email@example.com, or Patrice Koehner, KoehnerP@missouri.edu).
- You will receive email confirmation of the amount approved.
The TSPA fiscal assistant, Patrice Koehner, can assist with your registration, flight and MoX booking.
TSPA will pay for these expenses in advance on your behalf so you do not have to wait for reimbursement upon your return.
For reimbursement, provide a copy of your travel documents and receipts (MoX, taxi, parking, hotel, conference registration, flight, etc.) to Patrice Koehner.
You will receive email confirmation that the funds have been processed to your account.
Director, PhD Program