Ph.D. Candidate in Political Science (Comparative Politics, International Relations), University of Missouri, August 2019 - Present
M.A. in International Politics, B.A. in Policy Studies (Summa Cum Laude), Hanyang University, Korea, August 2018, 2016.
Yujin J. Jung. "State Governor's Crisis Communication Strategy during COVID-19: A Computation Analysis of Governor's Tweets across 50 States" (with Meril Antony, Hanjin Mao) (under review)
Yujin J. Jung. "Presidential Rhetoric in Social Media and Anti-Minority Sentiment" (with Jonathan Krieckhaus) (in progress)
Yujin J. Jung. "Perceived Inequality, Redistribution Preferences, and Populist Attitudes in the United States" (with Eduardo Ryô Tamaki) (in progress)
Yujin J. Jung. "Democratic Backsliding and Political Revenge in South Korea" (with Youngho Cho) (in progress)
Yujin J. Jung. "Democracy Level and Conflict Management: The Effect of Regime Type on the Outcome of Civil War Mediation" (with Yu Bin Kim) (in progress)
Yujin J. Jung. "Does Immigration Fuel Populism? The Effect of Immigration on the Rise of Populist Rhetoric" (with Jeongho Choi) (in progress)
Yujin J. Jung. "Social Media and Populism Rhetoric: Text Analysis and Experimental Approach" (Dissertation Chapter) (in progress)
Yujin J. Jung. "Populism Rhetoric in the United States: Focusing on Twitter Analysis" (with Mercial Stewart and Baekkwan Park) (in progress)
POL 2700: Comparative Political System, University of Missouri (Fall 2022)
POL 4680: Chinese Politics & Foreign Policy, University of Missouri (Spring 2023)
POL 1400: International Relations, University of Missouri (Fall 2023)
Method Workshops for Graduate Students in Quantitative Methods, Truman School of Government and Public Affairs, University of Missouri
- Text Analysis in R (Spring 2022)
- Mixed-Method Research (Spring 2023)
POL 1100 American Government, University of Missouri, Spring 2021
POL 4540 American Foreign Policy, University of Missouri, Spring 2020
1. Participant in Institute for Qualitative and Multi-Method Research (IQMR) 2022, Center for Qualitative and Multi-Method Inquiry, Syracuse University, NY, July 2022.
- Multi-Method Research, Computer-Assisted Text Analysis, Designing and Conducting Fieldwork, Social Media as Social Science Data
2. Participant in Summer Program at Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR), University of Michigan (Virtual), July-August 2021.
- Text Analysis, Maximum Likelihood Estimation
3. Participant in Summer Institute in Computational Social Science (SICSS), Rutgers - The State University of New Jersey (Virtual), June 2020
- Survey and Machine Learning, Experiment, Digital Trace Data
Award and Support
Robert N. Epsten Scholarship for International Studies, Harry S. Truman Good Neighbor Award Foundation, May, 2022.
Edith Taylor Therrien Award 2022 & 2021, Harry S Truman School of Government and Public Affairs, University of Missouri, April, 2022.
Research Fellowship, Nuclear Nonproliferation Education and Research Center, Korea Advanced Institute of Science & Technology, 2018.